Paper 1: Accounting
1. Partnership Accounts
2. Not-for-profit organizations
4. Hire purchase and installment system ( now it is not
5. Single Entry System (Accounting from incomplete
6.Accounting in Computerized Environment (
continuously asked in last 8 attempts )
Paper 2: Busiess Laws, Ethics and Communications
1. Companies Act 1956: Article of Association,
Memoradum of Association, Share capital, Deposites and
General body Meeting
2. Business Laws: Contract Act 1872 (CPT’s basic
concepts, Indemnity and guerentee, Special contracts);
EPF and Misc. Act (Most IMP)
3. Business Laws: Nagotiable Instrument Act (Discharge
related points, basic points of the Act) ca ipcc
Payment of Bonus and Gratuity Act (Most IMP)
4. Business Ethics: Corporate governance and CSR, GTI,
Conservation of Natural resources, Consumer Acts
cosumer related matters, Fundamental principals
relating to ethics, Ethical threats, Ethical dellemas.
5. Communications: Drafting deeds (Most IMP), Types of
communication, Grapewyn communication.
Paper 3: Cost Accounting and financial management
Part 1: cost accounting
1. Process costing
2. Contract costing
3. Marginal costing (may be with operating costing)
4. Standard cosing (may be with budgetary control)
5. Intigral and non-integral accounting OR Labour
Part 2: financial management
1. Cost of capital
2. Capital structure ca ipcc important questions
3. Capital budgeting
4. Sources of finance (for theory)
5. Working capital OR Leverages
Paper 4: Taxation
Part 1: Income Tax
1. Profit and gains from business profession (IMP this
2. Capital gain ca ipcc important questions
3. Income from the head Salaries(Most IMP this time)
4. TDS provisions (Most IMP for practical life)
5. Deductions (IMP evergreen)
Part 2: Service Tax and VAT
1. Services (Amendment related matter must)
2. Provision related to service tax (for theory)
3. VAT-Cenvat credit
4. VAT-Input vat credit
Important Topics for IPCC - 2nd Group:
Advance Accounts -
1. Criteria for classifying Level II Non-corporate entity - 4 Marks
2. Dissolution of Partnership Firm - 16 Marks
3. Internal Reconstruction - 16 Marks
4. Underwriting - 6 Marks
5. ESOP or Buy-Back - 5-6 Marks
6. Electricity Accounts - Depreciation & Average Capital Cost - 8-10 Marks
7. Branch Accounts - Not Foreign Branch Question - 8 Marks
8. Insurance Accounts - Revenue Account - 8 Marks
9. Banking Accounts - P & L Account or Segregation in Tier I & II Capital or Rebate on Bill Discounted.
10. AS - 4,5,10,11,12,16,29
1. Special Audit - Hotel, Proprietary Audit, Local Bodies, Charitable Institution, Hospital , Club & Cinema Hall. (8-12 Marks)
2. Company Audit 1 & 2 - (16-25 Marks)
3. SA - 200,500,330,299,520,505,315,570.
4. AS - 4,5,6,10,26,29
5.Inherent Limitation of Audit , Sufficient & Appropriate Audit Evidences, Internal & External Evidence, Audit working papers, Audit Trail, Audit under EDP, Vouching of - Rental, Receipt, Assets acquired on Hire purchase, Sale of Investment, Subsequent Events.
6. Modified & Qualified Reports
7. Audit of Alteration & Reduction of Capital.
8. Risk of Material Misstatement, Audit programme.
Chapter 7 - Bench Marking, e-commerce/ ERP, Business Process Re- engineering, TQM & Traditional Mgt. Practices, Rationale of BPR.
Chapter 6 - Diff. b/w Strategy Formulation & Implementation, SBU, Matrix Structure, Network Structure and Value Chain Analysis.
Chapter 5 - Penetration & Skimming Pricing, Marketing Strategy Techniques, Implementing Supply Chain Mgt. System.
Chapter 4 - Corporate Strategy Formualtion implementation process, Various Grand Strategies, Concentric & Congolemerate Diversification, Turnaround Strategy.
Chapter 3 - GE Model, Ansoff's Matrix, Product Life Cycle, Common Driving Forces and BCG.
Chapter 1 & 2 - Strategic levels in organization, Mission & Vision, Objectives & goals, Task of Strategic Mgt., Generic Strategic Alternatives, Definition of Strategy, Porter's Five forces model, Kieretsus, Manifestation of globaliztion.
Do Flow Chart and Decision table in starting. ( Chapter 5 & 6 ). Just do all examples & questions of study material and practice manual 60% chances that question in exam will come out of it only. Both theory and practical may be asked out of this chapter so prepare well. Minimum 8 marks question will be asked in exam.
Chapter 4 -
Short Notes : URL, Web Casting, Firewall, Wifi, Bluetooth, EFT.
Long Ques. : Internet and its uses, Components of Internet, Tools to protect Information against intrusions.
Chapter 3 -
Short Notes : Data Center, Modem, Multiplexer, Bandwidth.
Long Ques. : Types of internet servers, LAN ( Complete Topic ), Star & Mesh Networking, Communication Interface Devices, TCP.
Chapter 2 -
Short Notes : Data Dictionary, DDL, Index Field, Data warehouse, Mirror log, Online Backup, Real time Data warehouse.
Long Ques. : Data Mining Process, Problems of file processing system, Best file Organization, DBMS, Steps of Data processing System.
*** Friend my suggestion to those who feel bored while studying this subject that do read practice manual at least as its easy for you to read syllabus in question answer format and almost 60-70% course covered in practice manual. And i am sure if you do complete practice manual you can score 50+ in this subject. But make sure you will not do selective study in it.